CyOp protocol

Understanding the cyop protocol

Understanding the cyop protocol

A unique protocol aiming to quite literally disrupt the crypto market.

CyOp Protocol ($CyOp) is one of the most refreshing and one-of-a-kind projects I’ve seen in a while, from the way the DAO works, to the design of their website and dashboard, to the “Deus Ex” or cyberpunk vibe in the community.

Let’s take a look at how the protocol and its disruptions work.

What is cyop protocol

CyOp protocol is a community governed project, where token holders hold all the power over the project and the decision which token gets targeted for a ‘disruption’ (more on that later). It was a stealth/fair launch meaning no big VC’s or private investors who get to dump their tokens on the market. The team holds 13% of the tokens. 

token utility

Let’s start with the token. The $CyOp token is the governance token that gives token holders voting power over the funds in the treasury. The treasury gets filled through a 10% tax on transactions with cyop tokens, of which 7% goes straight to the DAO fund.

the treasury

The funds are collected in this wallet (the treasury): https://etherscan.io/address/0x857f29dd5903b2119771f6dd856e825e63f421ef. You can check for yourself how much funds are available. During the first disruption event, there was 314 eth in the treasury. Meaning OVER 1 MILLION DOLLARS. All collected by the trading volume of people buying and selling the cyop tokens.

How cool is that?

Enter the disruption

Now, onto the main attraction; the disruption. The disruption is the event where CyOp protocol uses 80% of the treasury to market buy a specific project. All the cyop token holders get to vote on which project gets disrupted, through on-chain votes based on how many tokens they hold. 

The token that receives the most votes, gets disrupted. A market buy of this size will surely cause a huge pump for the winning project and bring a lot of attention to the CyOp protocol.

Half will remain untouched, until a random moment in the near future when they will be swapped back into eth. A true disruption indeed.

All staker will receive a share of the revenue. Rewards will also steadily grow as disruptions are carried out more often. So there is a huge incentive to keep your tokens locked away and staking, which is always a good sign.

Matrix glitch

So, you may ask; if 80% of the treasury is used for the market buy, what happens to the rest? I’m glad you asked, anon. Because what happens with the remaining 20% is even as  the disruption itself, possibly even more exciting to some:

  • 10% of the fund will be added to the CyOp liquidity (5% market buy of CyOp + 5% in eth added as liquidity)
  • The remaining 10% will be transferred to one lucky staker in what is called a ‘matrix glitch’. That means that after this first disruption that is about to happen soon, one lucky staker will be receiving 30 ethereum, or about 100K USD. (You must hold at least 2 billion CyOp tokens – about 0,08 eth worth at time of writing)

 

Now just imagine being that lucky staker.. The amazing part is, this will happen everytime that the protocol is executed.

 

 

CyOp in numbers

Currently, CyOp is still quite under the radar. At the time of writing it’s only at a 14M fully diluted market cap and there are only 1.809 holders. My guess is we can see numbers much higher than that once we have steady disruptions. I personally can’t wait to see this protocol grow.


Follow CyOp protocol on the relevant channels:

CyOp Twitter: twitter.com/CyOpProtocol

CyOp Telegram: t.me/CyOpProtocol

Etherscan: https://etherscan.io/token/0xddac9c604ba6bc4acec0fbb485b83f390ecf2f31

Dextools: https://www.dextools.io/app/ether/pair-explorer/0x1b1c28a89caac877c63d0adac173a0b55921ab65

Let’s connect on Twitter: @cryptomendo

 

If you liked this content then you’ll love my other Crypto articles

Share this article

Twitter
Telegram
WhatsApp
Facebook
LinkedIn
Reddit
Don't leave just yet!

Recent Posts